Whether you are a community leader, a faith-based organization, a researcher, an advocate, or any individual willing to help and interested in the wellbeing of Kalamazoo residents, we invite you to join our efforts!
Spread The Word
- Be An Ambassador: Raise awareness of infant mortality and Cradle Kalamazoo’s efforts to reduce racial disparities. Tell your friends, neighbors, colleagues and extended family. Remind every expectant/new mother you meet about the ABCs of safe sleep. Babies sleep: ALONE, on their BACK, in their CRIB located in their parents’ bedroom, with NO BLANKET, NO BUMPER PADS, and NO FLUFF or STUFF.
Be A Champion
- Be a Cradle Kalamazoo Champion: If you are in a leadership position and your organization is interested in getting involved with Cradle Kalamazoo, join our Steering Committee. If you are a community member, bring the community’s voice to our efforts. Join a committee or team.
- Be a Baby Shower Host: Your faith based organization, company, book club etc., can host a baby shower for new/expectant mothers. Cradle Kalamazoo will provide technical assistance, education, games, and logistical support.
- Be Informed: Receive up to date information about our efforts and activities through our newsletter and calendar of events
Be An Advocate
- Be a Commuter Champion: Provide transportation to new/expectant mothers for their medical/social services appointments (background check is required).
- Be A Mentor: Accompany new/expectant mothers to their appointments, mentor them, and advocate for their care (training and background check is required).
Cradle Kalamazoo partners provide personal care, daily living, and food products for their clients. We distribute donations based on program need to our various community partners. All excess goods may be distributed to other charities as needed.
Donations can be dropped off at the YWCA Kalamazoo (353 E. Michigan Avenue), during our regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
For questions or more information, please contact Emily Deering-Caruso at (269) 345-5595 or email@example.com.
The following is a list of the most critical donations needed to support our programs.
- Diapers/Unscented Baby Wipes (infant sizes 3,4,5,6)
- Crib Sheets (new)
- Personal Care Items (full size body wash, deodorant, hair care products, lotion, etc.)
- Cash/Gift Cards (to purchase needed items)
Cradle Kalamazoo is unable to accept used stuffed animals and opened/used food or personal items (shampoo, body wash, lotion, etc.). We do not accept violent, racist, and/or sexist items.